Bad Breath (Halitosis)
Causes and Solutions
Understanding the Causes of Bad Breath
Bad breath, or halitosis, is a common dental concern that can affect anyone, impacting both social and professional interactions. At Care For Smiles, we are committed to helping you address bad breath by identifying its root causes and providing effective solutions.
Causes of Bad Breath
Our Approach to Treating Bad Breath
- Comprehensive Examination: Dr. Rishay Naidoo will conduct a thorough examination of your oral health, including an assessment of your gums, teeth, and tongue.
- Personalised Treatment Plan: Based on the examination findings, a personalised treatment plan will be developed to address the specific causes of your bad breath.
- Professional Cleanings: Regular professional cleanings are essential to remove plaque and tartar, reducing the bacterial load in your mouth.
- Education and Home Care: We will provide guidance on proper oral hygiene practices, including brushing techniques, flossing, and the use of antimicrobial mouthwashes.
- Addressing Underlying Issues: If gum disease, cavities, or other dental issues are contributing to bad breath, appropriate treatments will be recommended.
- Lifestyle and Dietary Advice: We’ll offer advice on lifestyle changes and dietary adjustments to minimise the impact of specific foods on your breath.
- Ongoing Support: Our team is dedicated to supporting you in maintaining long-term oral health, which includes addressing and preventing bad breath.
Tips for Maintaining Fresh Breath
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day and floss daily.
- Stay hydrated to promote saliva production.
- Quit smoking and tobacco use.
- Schedule regular dental check-ups and cleanings.
- Monitor your diet and limit the consumption of odour-causing foods.
Schedule Your Appointment
If you’re experiencing persistent bad breath, our team is here to help. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Rishay Naidoo at Care For Smiles to address the root causes and regain confidence in your breath.
Contact us at (03) 9482 1100 or visit our clinic at 254 Darebin Road, Fairfield, Victoria 3078, Australia.